10 Things To Be Thankful For, From the Center for Medicare Advocacy
- Earlier generations who had the vision to launch and support Medicare to help all American families.
- The Medicare program for its invaluable contribution to desegregating American hospitals.
- The Medicare program for helping to keep older Americans out of poverty.
- The Medicare program, for insuring people with disabilities, who, like older Americans, were left behind by private insurance.
- The Affordable Care Act for provisions that strengthen Medicare coverage, and cut wasteful overpayments to private insurance companies… oh, and for giving millions of uninsured Americans coverage they never had before.
- Medicare’s coverage of preventive services, which can limit the need for future, costlier care (and which were enhanced by the Affordable Care Act).
- The freedom, flexibility and choice offered by the traditional Medicare program.
- The guaranteed, defined benefits of the traditional Medicare program.
- Our partners and fellow advocates who help us open doors to health care for the 55 million people who rely on Medicare.
- You, our supporters, who believe in the promise of a real, robust Medicare program, now and for the future.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.